Clear, concise, and up-to-date, Hartman’s Complete Guide for the Phlebotomy Technician will help students master the skills and knowledge they need to pass certification exams and to excel on the job. This book is written specifically for students taking entry-level phlebotomy technician courses or working toward phlebotomy technician certification.
- Presents basic anatomy and physiology in a way that relates clearly to the work of phlebotomy technicians
- Introduces phlebotomy equipment and the performance of phlebotomy procedures (both venipuncture and capillary puncture) in a clear, organized way
- Includes guidelines for effective communication with a wide variety of patient populations
- Addresses appropriate responses to challenging blood draws and adverse patient responses
- Offers detailed, full-color photos and illustrations throughout the book
- Includes Quality Counts and Patients’ Rights boxes, tip boxes, chapter review questions, and a glossary to help students identify and focus on key material
- Covers infection prevention, communication skills, scope of practice, and ethics as these subjects relate to the role of phlebotomy technicians
- Instructor’s material includes chapter tests, a practice certification exam, full-color handouts (e.g., guide to collection tubes and order of draw), and critical thinking activities
There are no reviews yet.